History of “The Brunch restaurant”

I have been visiting Colombia for more than 20 years, always enjoyed my visits and deep inside I pretty much knew I would live here, Salento at that time was one of the most popular towns in Colombia “for Colombians” there were very few foreigners here at those times so if you visited a family, for example, they would take you to Salento as their guest to show you their culture and where many generations have been visiting for years.

When I arrived in 2011, I flew into Armenia’s airport and took a taxi to Salento,about an hour drive, when I arrived I then realized I had been here before, I had a return ticket but never left Salento.
It only took a couple of months to realize I didn’t like doing nothing so working and owning
restaurants my entire life I decided to open Brunch, it was uncharted territory for the style and kind of food I wanted to do, I just wanted to do a simple familiar menu, no gourmet nothing fancy just food I grew up with, food I would enjoy cooking from recipes I had developed over 45 years, (I’m not that old) I just started dabbling in restaurants at age 14 so I had a good run at it and enjoyed the challenge and I really enjoy cooking and very much still to this day enjoy it immensely.

So here we are and what a journey!! A very thick book on learning to do business here, learning the culture, the ups and downs,  all of the experiences, but that will be another story to tell.
When you visit us at Brunch you will notice messages completely covering the walls why you ask? As I mentioned very few foreigns were here therefore I was interested in the ones that came in so I started asking them to write their messages on the walls
, where they are from, why they are here, their experiences in Colombia , some even write messages for their friends to find that are planning to visit later, also all these years, the peace corps sign their names when the new recruits arrive, I encourage you to see the history of the wall on Facebook, you will see the beginning to now of all messages left behind also check out the maps we have on the walls where we have been helping people with what to do in Salento and beyond, there are more than 6 full days of outdoor activities to choose from and never charge for this information. See you soon at the new Brunch location right next door to the old location where we will have much more room to help you...

Comments

  1. Brunch is the cure for homesickness. Delicious food and an awesome staff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment