My History of Baking

The Brunch Bakery History





Remember this movie "as good as it gets" at the end of the movie, Jack Nicholson (Melvin Udall) suggest they take a walk to a bakery that will just be opening and he quotes "Just two people who like warm rolls" then the two of them walk by this small bakery as it just opening...







...ooh I could smell the fresh baked warm rolls with sweet butter melting into the soft bread, ooooolala...are you with me?




 One of my favorite things to do was at three in the morning walk to a bakery in my slippers and catch the first batch of bread coming out of the oven, that and a fresh cup of joe, I can hardly control myself. 




Anyway shortly after Brunch opened I realized I had to make my own bread for obvious reasons so I brought in a small oven and mixer and away we sailed!! 



Many years later, a double profesional gas oven, huge professional mixer, fresh breads a plentiful, my recipes are a sour dough mex from an original sour dough starter and at this moment, burger buns, lofas of white and wheat bread, bread bowls for the house soups and of course fresh rolls for the Brunch PACK LUNCHES!! 






We actually are baking all day! Oh if you coulld smell that fresh bread aroma it is hard to contain ones self. I think fresh bread is our greatest weakness because is in our blood from waaaaay back. 



When the new restaurant opens in a few months, the bakery w11 ill expand even more, featuring many other types of bread, including pita for vegan (right now we offer a corn bread for vegan and gluten free people) and there will be mor gluten free option and don't forget the peanut butter brownies are baked fresh every day for dessert and the pack lunches







So come on in wearing your night slippers, shoes, boots or whatever floats your boat and have a fresh roll!!!

Comments