My history of cooking

At the ripe age of 14 I stared working in a restaurant as a dishwasher, I was intrigued by the cooks always watching what they were doing how they would do it always bothering them with questions, soon on my time off I would go in the kitchen and volunteer to help and I would get a meal for helping, that was all I wanted so it worked well for everyone and I could learn the art of cooking.

Soon the kitchen manager saw that I was faster then some of the other cooks and one day I looked at the schedule and was on the cook schedule not a dishwasher any more and the rest was history!! We made sometimes more than 100 omelettes, burgers, more than that, ect. in a day, it was move fast or die (hells kitchen) but I loved it!! Oh the stories I could tell!!

Over the years I have had the privilege of working hands on with some remarkable cooks and learned many techniques on preparing foods, sauces, soups, on and on and on, I am indebted to the one guy that gave me a chance at a very young age,  The fat man, he called himself, he probably kept me from going the wrong direction at that time and gave me a goal,  soon I was training cooks for a big company and later started my own restaurant and dabbling in the business many many years, I started Brunch with the foods I enjoy preparing...NO gourmet!! Just simple all made from scratch foods, the list is to long to list and much more to come down the pike..

Comments